Monday 18 December 2017

Preparing Screens


I've spent the last week cleaning up the art room mess again! I found some gross things including some print paste that had been left on the side for a while. Never one to waste anything I mixed it with some Procion dyes and prepared my screens for another batch of deconstructed screen printing. I just managed to get them dry before this horrible storm hit in Perth.


I tried out my new Fineline Applicator Bottles to get some thinner lines with the black dye. They worked really well for this and allowed me to get some small sections of text onto the screens. This time I tried out some figurative designs as well as just abstract shapes. I wonder how they will turn out? Once the weather improves I'll print them onto fabric and paper.










No comments:

Post a Comment