Saturday 9 April 2016

Prints Galore


Today I have been printing on fabric and paper. First up I cut a new lino block with a jellyfish motif. I always find it hard to visualise which bit will come out coloured and which will remain white. I used paint pens on the lino to mark the design and show clearly which parts needed to be cut away (white) and which to keep (black). I printed the jellyfish on fabric and paper using regular acrylics and Lumiere opalescent fabric paints.







Printed on sheer organza
Next I used half an apple to print with using acrylic paints.


Next I used Magic Stamps. You can heat up these foam stamps with a heat gun and press objects into them to make a stamp. First I tried rice along with a variety of colour mediums.


Up next were cotton reels.


I tried pressing in one of my lino cuts to get a reverse stamp. Inktense blocks seemed to work best on these low relief stamps.




Then I tried pressing them into stencils.


And then into stencils layered on top of each other.




I now have a variety of printed fabrics and papers to play with.

1 comment:

  1. Visiting from Swap-Bot. Love this printing. So wish we lived close enough to visit as I would enjoy a day of print making. I tried Gelli prints once and it was a dismal failure. The jellyfish are unique and I truly like them the best!

    ReplyDelete